Page load speed is one of the most important aspects of a website in 2019. If your page loads slow there’s a good chance your visitors will exit the page and look elsewhere to find what they need. Below are a few tips that can help ensure your website is designed with performance in mind.
- Use Dev Tools to check CSS Load Times
- Take advantage of Pingdom or Google Page Insights
- Minify and Compress CSS Files
- Use Flexbox and CSS Grid
- Use <link> tag over @import
- Use gradients and SVGs over images
- Avoid !important rule
Check out oneextrapixel’s article to dive deeper into these tips.